Finish date: December 22, 2015
I figured that date out here.
Come up with 101 things
- Visit a restaurant on Man vs. Food
Participate in a Color Run
- See a shooting star and make a wish
- Print, frame and hang up some favorite photographs
- Ride in a hot air balloon
Start a new tradition
- Send a card for the birthday of everyone in my family on time.
- Spend a week unplugged
- Get a new bed set
Try 10 new restaurants Read at least three books a month for a year. Settle into new apartment (actually hang up paintings)
- Plan and host an alternative Thanksgiving food, Thanksgiving dinner
- Throw a dinner party
- Revisit Hatteras, NC
- Use only reusable bags while shopping
- Send out family photo Christmas cards
- Help someone else plan a wedding
Find a new go-to coffee house
- Go to the Caribbean for a vacation
- Spend a summer only making food from ingredients purchased at a farmers market.
- Find my signature scent
- Revisit Paris
Don’t eat out at the same place more than once in a month
- Organize personal and business addresses
- Organize family photos
Get a new job
- Visit 3 new states in the US
- Visit 10 new cities
- Attend a cooking class or go on a culinary food tour
Take a spontaneous weekend trip
- Establish a yoga routine
- Buy and make mine an antique piece of furniture
Find a new place to volunteer Spend $10 on a meal and leave a $20 tip
- Watch the Oscar-winning Best Pictures of each of the past 20 years
Inspire someone else to start a Tranquility Project (Email me if you do)
- Go to a DC United game at RFK stadium.
- Revisit Seattle
- Have a spa day
Take Vienna for a walk around the Mystic River
- Ride the Carousel on the National Mall.
Get a new library cardand don’t lose it for at least a year.
- Fall in love with my new home
- Volunteer to feed the baby animals at the National Zoo.
- Get a book from The Book Thing
- Put together a birthday/anniversary calendar for friends and family
- Watch a movie outdoors
- Go to a performance by the NY Symphony Orchestra
Enjoy my morning coffee outside Learn how to make scallops the way Stonington Seafood does
- Really learn how to surf
- Go to a film festival
Host a party with a photo booth
- Start a buy a beach house fund and put aside money from each paycheck to the fund
- Go three months without buying anything but the absolute essentials.
- Attend a free performance on the Millennium Stage at the Kennedy Center.
Work outside of the office -once a month
- Paddle-boat around the Tidal Basin.
- Get ice cream at Ben & Jerry’s in Georgetown; then cross the street and go to Haagen-Dazs.
Make a new friend
- Re-cut Hattaras painting
- Watch every Academy Awards Best Picture since the year I was born
- Spend an entire day in bed watching movies
- Eat dessert first at a restaurant
- Visit 5 new local wineries
- Learn how to get around my new hometown without getting lost
Switch license, residency and car registration over to Maryland
- Learn how to make macaroons
- Give 20 “just because” gifts
- Revisit Martha’s Vineyard
- Go to a wine festival
- Go to a food festival
- Watch all the best picture nominees before the Academy Awards
- Find my signature cocktail
- Drink eight glasses of water every day for at least one week.
- Throw out twenty things and do not replace them.
- Spend a day with each of my siblings doing what they want, paid for by me.
- Buy coffee for the person behind me in line
- Eat at the Porthouse Grill
Buy a teapot
- Go on regular walks in the rain
- Purchase or make a bar cart
- Have a picnic at the beach.
- Pay off my undergraduate student loans.
Have an article published in a magazine, again.
- Visit 5 Washington, D.C. museums
- Share on my blog 20 of the 101 things accomplished
- Make 50 Recipes from cookbooks and magazines I own.
- Make 10 recipes from Pinterest
- Visit a new continent
- Go berry picking
Go to the beach twice a month for three months Use paper lanterns at a party
- Go to the Kentucky Derby
- Do something special for each immediate family member
- Try three new foods
- This one is a *Secret
- Oh this one is *Secret too
- Put $10 in savings for each one accomplished