One of the great things about hanging out with the people at Arcadia Center for Sustainable Food and Agriculture over the past month has been getting to munch on fresh fruits and vegetables seeing what Nutrition Educator and SNAP Outreach Coordinator JuJu Harris makes with them. I love this recipe for radish salsa. It’s not overly spicy but it is very refreshing on a hot day.
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups chopped or grated red radishes (about 1 pound)
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced (use only the green part for less onion flavor)
- 1 minced fresh jalapeño (seeds removed)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon and 2 limes (approx 1/4 cup) to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
What To Do:
1.Put all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
2.Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more chili, lemon, or salt as needed.
3.Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to a day.